Monday, February 22, 2010

A week of trials and tribulations

Hello readers,
First, let me say that Adobe Photoshop is my new best friend. I love the way it makes something that used to be incredibly difficult (removing the background from an image for example) so easy. I find that between Photoshop and InDesign I am only limited by my design prowess, not by my computer skills. Hopefully as I progress with the course my design skills will progress as well.

This week I was able to fashion a working logo for my handout/poster. It needs some tweaking, but nothing too drastic before I will be completely happy. I tinkered around with using a washed out background image, but I am not completely sold on the idea yet. I like the way it breaks up the monotony of text on a white page, but I fear that it will make the overall piece seem too busy. For now I am going to sleep on it because tomorrow is a new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment